● 6 slices Potato Bread
● 1 1/2 lb fresh strawberries, hulled, halved, divided
● 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
● 1/4 cup sugar
● 2 tsp cornstarch
● 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature
● 2 tbsp honey
● 2 large eggs
● 2/3 cup whole milk
● 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
● 1 tsp vanilla extract
● 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted, roughly chopped
- Add 1 pound strawberries, lemon juice, sugar and cornstarch to medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Mash strawberries with fork or back of spoon to break down. Cook, stirring often, until sauce thickens, about 10 minutes. Keep warm over low heat.
- Add mascarpone, and honey to medium bowl and whip until smooth. Set aside.
- Beat eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla in large baking dish. Dunk both sides of bread slices in milk mixture and soak for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat greased griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Add soaked bread slices and cook for 3 minutes per side, until golden brown. Repeat with remaining slices if necessary.
- Top warm french toast with a drizzle of warm strawberry syrup, a dollop of whipped mascarpone, and a handful of remaining strawberries.