● 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing
● 2 cups blueberries, divided
● 2 cups sliced yellow peaches, divided
● 3/4 cup sugar, divided
● 1 lemon, zested
● 2 large eggs
● 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
● 1 cup whole milk
● 1 tbsp vanilla extract
● 1 tsp ground cinnamon
● 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 8x8” baking dish with butter.
- Combine 1 cup blueberries, 1 cup peaches, 1/4 cup sugar, and lemon zest in large bowl. Set aside.
- Toss bread, remaining blueberries, and peaches together in prepared baking dish.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, milk, remaining sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg to large bowl and beat until smooth.
- Pour egg mixture over bread mixture. Bake until knife inserted into center comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
- Top with blueberries and peaches, and serve.